Though 2017 gave us a lot of great music and wonderful new artists, we look forward to forgetting about them and jumping onto new hype trains. Let’s throw out those old 2017 band tees and festival shirts, and prepare for the “new year, new music” mentality.
It’s time for eighteen 2018 Music Predictions.
- Lil Wayne makes a comeback: Mr. Wayne will be featured on a few tracks and then will mushroom into a reborn powerhouse after releasing another pseudo rock-rap album.
- Halloween themed albums are on the rise.
- Lil Dicky stars in a buddy cop action film with either Channing Tatum or Mark Wahlberg.
- Dwayne Johnson does an intro feature on a Post Malone track called “Smell This” under the rapper name ‘Dat Rock’.
- Justin Bieber actually learns the words to “Despacito”.
- Sean Combs changes his name once more to Puffy Love, combining his alter egos.
- Ed Sheeran and Cardi B do a live performance together at an award show, harmonizing beautifully.
- Country music takes a dive and the entire genre becomes country pop. Goodbye twang.
- Maroon 5 tries to make a Spanish based album. Does not do well.
- CD’s become popular again, in turn bringing back portable cd players that are now wifi compatible.
- Hologram concerts still aren’t popular.
- People create a #HotTea movement to celebrate the diva in their lives.
- Swifties fall into a Civil War over pre-Reputation Taylor and post-Reputation Taylor; the entire country is forced to choose sides.
- Reggaeton becomes popular for 8 weeks; everyone becomes a little better at dancing.
- Music festivals are opted create a “Kiddy Pool” section for all the minors whose parent’s drop them off unsupervised. Drunken adults accidentally wait in line to get in thinking it’s a new stage.
- One Direction reunites for one night only at a small pub in London; none of them can remember the show the next day.
- The Seinfeld theme song is turned into a full feature rap beat.
- Kanye produces a Kardashians-Jenner Christmas album that ends up doing well on the charts.