Coachella, the master festival that kicks off the season. Coachella is extremely expensive and notorious for their difficult tickets and crowds of social media influencers. This year it’s also known for one of the sickest lineups out there. Me and Samantha will be covering the madness both weekends so make sure to follow along on Instagram @thenewnine9.
This year my festival vibe can be described in two phrase: evil cowgirl or Westworld. I hate the idea of any words like bohemian or gypsy, because I am neither. I’ll post outfits later, but they are vintage, Nasty Gal, and Forever 21. If you don’t wear ankle boots to a festival you’re doing it wrong, exposed feet are a recipe for disaster and dust. Also bring a light jacket, that desert gets cold at night. Bring a bandana while you're at it, to fight off the dust when you're walking.
Lest we forget Coachella is all about the dream lineup this year.
Friday: the Regrettes, Knox Fortune, Elohim, Greta Van Fleet, LEON, PVRIS, Perfume Genius, Kali Uchis, St. Vincent, SZA, The Weeknd.
Saturday: Declan McKenna, Cherry Glazerr, Sir Sly, Chloe x Halle, Alvvays, Jorja Smith, Marian Hill, Sigrid, BROCKHAMPTON, MO, BORNS, Angel Olsen, Tyler, the Creator, HAIM, Beyonce.
Japanese Breakfast, Lion Babe, Hayley Kiyoko, LP, Princess Nokia, Amine, Jessie Ware, LANY, Cardi B, Miguel, Migos.
Things we MUST pack
- Powerbank, love this big one from ban.do because I hate having to use a ton of small ones.
- Baby wipes, it’s like a little shower
- Makeup: First Aid Beauty skin tint because more spf and it doesn’t cake when you sweat, waterproof mascara, Kat Von D tattoo liner never moves from my face. I keep it minimal because sweating off a fully contoured face is for rookies.
- Rent a locker if you can, it’s nice if you need to stow your jacket.
- Bring cash
- You won’t see everyone, but you sure can try to.
- The parking is actually really breezy, I never stressed about it.
- If someone tells you no one goes to the day shows, slap them in the face, this is a festival and the entire lineup deserves your attention. If you're just here to party we're not on the same page.
- Stay hydrated, take your vitamins, I always get weirdly sick after festivals. I take elderberry supplements. I also swear by electrolyte solutions for revitalizing my body after a hard fest day.
- Don't take drugs from strangers. Just okay?